Monday, August 31, 2009

GARFIELD'S NINTH BOOK (Loses His Feet)


****
Occasionally, it is fun to get back to basics. I first started out reading my Mom's Garfield comic strip books as soon as I learned how to read! She had a lot of them. My wife and I happened across this gem at our church's rummage sale.

As always, Garfield is by Jim Davis. "Garfield Loses His Feet" was published in 1984 and combines the strips syndicated by Davis during 1983. This collection finds Garfield up to his ever popular antics of eating lasagna, hating Mondays, bullying Odie, courting Arlene, plotting against Nermal and destroying plants (and other of Jon's belongings!)

I know that there's not much in the way of plot in a Garfield book, nor is the artwork something of amazement, but it's a newspaper comic strip that is hilarious, and for sheer entertainment value, you can't go wrong picking up a Garfield book! I would have to give this one a 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment