Thursday, September 3, 2009

CYBER FORCE #3


**
CYBER FORCE #3 was published by Top Cow Productions Inc., which is a division of Image Comics. Released back in June of 2006, CYBER FORCE #3 was written by Ron Marz and had an art team of Pat Lee (pencils); Erik Sander, Sal Regia (inks); Alex Milne (background design); and colors by Dream Engine.

What a slow story. Though it starts out with a dog fight between the airforce and alien crafts, there wasn't any decent action until the last page. I actually had to re-read parts of this one because I fell asleep somewhere in the first half of the issue. That's not a good sign.

I've never been too fond of comic books that are all artwork with very little written word. However, usually with comics of that nature, the story moves quickly, propelled by the drawings. Not the case with this comic. While the drawings were awesome, the story just kept dragging; one page in particular left a couple of characters talking in a bigger series of frames that were elaborately drawn, but really the dialog was next to meaningless for the amount of space that it took up.

I would say that the only thing about this book that was redeeming was the art. It was wonderfully drawn. The characters actually seemed to live on the page. The art team did an outstanding job of giving the characters emotion and depth in the visual, even if the story didn't provide it.

I think that if I found more of CYBER FORCE in a back issue discount rack, I would probably buy some more so that I can get to know the characters a bit better. Who knows, if I know the characters and the background better, maybe the slow storyline in this issue would have more meaning for me. But since I don't know the background on this one, I'll have to rate it at two stars out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment