Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Stuff!


Just to give you a heads up, I recently got a bunch of new comic books! Yesterday, my son Tommy and my wife Melissa accompanied me to a comic book store on the west side of Madison so that they could meet a friend of mine who works there, come to find out that he was sick that day. However, while there I did pick up a couple of new comics, and on the way home, we stopped off at Half-Price Books, where I found a couple of graphic novels that I look forward to reviewing for this site.

I also happened across a bargain. When the book store has too many comic books, they take the ones they have had for a long time that simply aren't selling and wrap them in a big bundle of anywhere from 40 to 50 comic books and then sell the bundle for $5-$6! I found one of these and when I got it home I was pleasantly surprised to find 14 issues of Daredevil as well as some other stuff that looks pretty good and even a couple of graphic novels thrown into the mix.

I am attempting to get some more of the newer releases, however, I am quite limited in my funds, so generally what I have is more of the older stuff, but that's not to say that old is bad. Comics have always been known for the artistic way that they tell stories. But yes, as I get the newer comics I will post my reviews here. I'm truly looking forward to reading all the "new" stuff and I also look forward to reviewing them and posting those reviews here for all to peruse. I hope that you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment